LaunchBox Community Forums

My first steps with Atari 2600 - Games don't launch

Patgom145

Hello Everybody,

Santa Claus brought me a nice small PC only for retrogaming and I decided to choose Launchbox as my frontend.

I watched several ETAPrime Youtube tutorials and I decided to start my building with Atari 2600.

I downloaded and installed LB on my C: drive.

I downloaded Retroarch and put it inside an /Emulators folder. I ran Retroarch and add the Stella core.

I put my few Atari 2600 Game inside a Games\Atari 2600 folder.

I imported my Rom files with launchbox, choosing Retroarch as emulator and everything seems fine with a nice wall of covers.

BUT when I want to play one Atari 2600 game nothing happens.

I rewatched the Atari 2600 Tutorial but I can't get what I am missing.

I need your help.

Thanks,

Patgom145

The first thing to check is make sure your platform names match up, the platform you imported your games to and the name in the associated platforms of your Retroarch emulator in LB need to match exactly.screenshot_445.thumb.jpg.13afaa03b55f1628549570fc5bff9264.jpgThe next thing I would check is that none of your folder names have any accented characters in them.

Thks for your answer and I checked my Name of Atari 2600 folders.

In fact I have just changed the location of my LB folder and I chose C:\\Users\MyName\Launchbox instead of C:\\Launchbox and now it works.

The only things that I don't have yet are the games snap videos from Emumovies.

Thanks,

Patgom145