LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega cd 32X no emulator

triggerthehorizon

46 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

There currently isn't a specific Sega CD 32X platform in the metadata. I believe it's grouped into Sega CD, which is marked as supported by Retroarch. How did you import the ROMs? From the desktop or using the importer on Android?

Hi Jason, on my desktop pc, Sega CD 32X exists as its own platform. I used the windows version to export to android. I then noticed that it does not exist as a platform on android. So I added my sega 32x cd games to my 32x plaltform and manually copied the artwork. I added them to 32x since it uses the Picodrive emu for both platforms, whereas I woud use genesis plus core for sega cd. It seems it should be its own platform on Android if it is its own platform on windows. Especially since launchbox can not retrieve the art for it when it is combined with 32x

Edited by triggerthehorizon

Hmm, the Picodrive core is loading up Genesis and Sega CD games for me but 32X games just crash out instantly. I'm using a no-intro romset where the files have a .32x suffix and they are zipped.  Don't know if it just doesn't like these roms or what. Tried loading em zipped, unzipped, doesn't matter.

Edited by Wickerman1972

30 minutes ago, Wickerman1972 said:

Hmm, the Picodrive core is loading up Genesis and Sega CD games for me but 32X games just crash out instantly. I'm using a no-intro romset where the files have a .32x suffix and they are zipped.  Don't know if it just doesn't like these roms or what. Tried loading em zipped, unzipped, doesn't matter.

Sounds like you are missing the required 32x bios files in your retroarch system folder

I checked and there are 32x bios files in there. However, I'm not sure if I have the proper names or not. Looking at Retroarch's Picodrive info page I don't see anything about bios files for 32x, just the Megadrive and CD, both of those of which I have and are named properly. Bios files I have in there for 32x are [BIOS] 32X M68000 (USA), [BIOS] 32X SH-2 Master (USA), [BIOS] 32X SH-2 Slave (USA), 32X_G_BIOS, 32X_M_BIOS, and 32X_S_BIOS.

13 hours ago, Wickerman1972 said:

OK, I got it. I had to unzip them and I mean REALLY unzip them. Before I was trying zipped vs unzipped by changing the option in Launchbox where it extracts or doesn't before opening the target app. But I guess that isn't good enough and they have to be unzipped before even putting them onto the drive.

great!