LaunchBox Community Forums

Bibox Sega Saturn Guardian heroes issues

Thelvyn

Got an arcade system  setup with a pc and bigbox with a ton of stuff preloaded for Christmas.  I am new to the system, but am a computer tech.  A few issues with the system that I am working through but really try8ing to get Guardian Heroes working.  It seems to be using Retroarch to load Guardian Heroes from a zip file, but when it starts it freezes at "which device do you wish to save the file?  Then the two choices are System Memory, or cartridge memory.  I can't do anything, move selection bar, buttons do nothing, all I can do is close the game.

Any suggestions would be helpful

13 hours ago, Thelvyn said:

Got an arcade system  setup with a pc and bigbox with a ton of stuff preloaded for Christmas.  I am new to the system, but am a computer tech.  A few issues with the system that I am working through but really try8ing to get Guardian Heroes working.  It seems to be using Retroarch to load Guardian Heroes from a zip file, but when it starts it freezes at "which device do you wish to save the file?  Then the two choices are System Memory, or cartridge memory.  I can't do anything, move selection bar, buttons do nothing, all I can do is close the game.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Well, we do not really troubleshoot preloaded set-ups that were bought from a third party seller or downloaded pre-setup systems either since it is hard for us to know what that person did to the settings. More specifically it makes it harder as in many cases the end user may not know either what was done and has trouble answering our questions or providing accurate information.  

If this is one of those preloaded system that a few people sell (something we never support) it is best to see if that person can help. After all it should be working if you or someone paid for it. 

Gotcha, will talk to him first.  Was more wondering if it is a known rom issue as all the other stuff seems to work.  I will try a few things, and talk to the original vendor.  Have a feeling I am going to be ripping it all apart and rebuilding it at this point.  He has a few odd things in there like 2 versions of retroarch, one called cd's that I can't quite figure what he did.

Thanks for the info, I won't come back to you folks until I have gone through all of his stuff.  I totally agree, it should just work otherwise him doing it is pointless.  Luckily I have the skill set for it...just not sure if I have the time:)

Thanks again.