LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Beetle PSX Controls

Moleburt

I'm having issues getting the beetle psx core controls to work properly, I got my buttons on my controller (xbox one wired pdp controller) mapped how I want but no matter what I do every time I exit the emulator it reverts the input device type to "Playstation Controller" and I have to manually go back and change it to "Dualshock" in order for the joysticks to work, the button mappings stay the same, I just cant get it to keep so the joysticks work whenever I open a playstation game. Anybody know how to fix this? 

6 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

I'm having issues getting the beetle psx core controls to work properly, I got my buttons on my controller (xbox one wired pdp controller) mapped how I want but no matter what I do every time I exit the emulator it reverts the input device type to "Playstation Controller" and I have to manually go back and change it to "Dualshock" in order for the joysticks to work, the button mappings stay the same, I just cant get it to keep so the joysticks work whenever I open a playstation game. Anybody know how to fix this? 

In the quick menu with a game loaded, set it to dualshock, then in the same menu "save core remap" to save that for that core only.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

In the quick menu with a game loaded, set it to dualshock, then in the same menu "save core remap" to save that for that core only.

You are my friggin' hero. I'm still learning how to set everything up with retroarch and now I know how to setup core specific controls. Thanks a ton!

5 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

You are my friggin' hero. I'm still learning how to set everything up with retroarch and now I know how to setup core specific controls. Thanks a ton!

The quick menu is only available when a game is loaded in a core, you can change settings here and the save a game/core/content override depending on the circumstances, the same apply's in the quick menu controls section, core/game/content save options. Glad you got it sorted.