LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box - All Games list - set first game attract video

N8T

When I launch Big Box it goes into my All Games list. I am wondering how do you control the order of the games on the wheel, which game's attract video is 1st etc...

I am creating a Star Wars themed cabinet, but will have other flight type games in the cab as well. I naturally want a Star Wars game attract video to be 1st when Big Box opens to the All Games list.

15 hours ago, N8T said:

When I launch Big Box it goes into my All Games list. I am wondering how do you control the order of the games on the wheel, which game's attract video is 1st etc...

I am creating a Star Wars themed cabinet, but will have other flight type games in the cab as well. I naturally want a Star Wars game attract video to be 1st when Big Box opens to the All Games list.

You cannot. Attract mode in its current state is a randomizer. I would suggest putting a feature request in (at the top of the page under Help & Support is the feature request link) and then link it here. The more users that can vote on it the better chance it has of making it into BigBox. 

It doesn't see to be very random for the 1st game video that starts. I understand the randomness when it spins to go to another game in attract mode and that is fine, but every time I load Big Box it is the same video that starts 1st. Not sure what Big Box is looking at to decide its sort order.

I created a manual sort list in launch box by assigning #s to the sort name to get games in the order I want. Big Box shows the correct order on the 2nd wheel with the logos as in it matches the order of Launchbox, but the video playing does not match that order when it starts. 

ex. Start Big Box and Star Wars Battle Pod is the logo showing centered on the bottom wheel, but the attract video that plays is Mach Storm? It like the video follows a different sort order than launch box. This only happens on initial start of Big Box. Once you move to change games the logo matches the video playing.

6 hours ago, N8T said:

It doesn't see to be very random for the 1st game video that starts. I understand the randomness when it spins to go to another game in attract mode and that is fine, but every time I load Big Box it is the same video that starts 1st. Not sure what Big Box is looking at to decide its sort order.

I created a manual sort list in launch box by assigning #s to the sort name to get games in the order I want. Big Box shows the correct order on the 2nd wheel with the logos as in it matches the order of Launchbox, but the video playing does not match that order when it starts. 

ex. Start Big Box and Star Wars Battle Pod is the logo showing centered on the bottom wheel, but the attract video that plays is Mach Storm? It like the video follows a different sort order than launch box. This only happens on initial start of Big Box. Once you move to change games the logo matches the video playing.

I think i was misunderstanding. I was thinking you were talking about attract mode where BigBox will at random spin and stop on some random game and play the media and it keeps doing this until someone stops it. 

You are simply talking about the first selection BigBox boots to. There is not an option to set that to a specific game. Why your is showing a certain game highlighted but playing a different video I am not sure. If I set mine to boot to All Games it starts up at the first game alphabetically.  What theme are you using?

There is currently only and option to "Remember Last Game For Each Platform" or "Remember Last Platform".

I hope I understand you correctly now. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 2.04.36 PM.png

I am using the Criticalzonev2 - bluebox theme.

Mine does not even load the 1st game alphabetically when Big Box starts. It seems to always load Mach Storm first even though I have After Burner Climax and After Burner II, so you would think one of those videos would load 1st if Big Box is looking at alpha. 

Here is a pic of what I mean when Big Box loads my All Games list. Mach Storm video playing, but looks like Star Wars Battle Pod is the logo centered below.

I guess it would be helpful to know what Big Box does look at when it first loads. The logos are in perfect order for how I manually named them in Launch Box and Big Box sees that correctly, but for some reason When Big Box first loads the video is different than the 1st logo, which is Star Wars Battle Pod.  (videos and games all named and matched accordingly) Like I said before, once you move to the right or left all the logos and videos match and play correctly. Just mismatched when 1st starts.

Big Box 1st screen after load.jpg

Edited by N8T

I have just tried a few other themes as well and they work properly for the order. Now I just need to find a theme that has a layout like the one in my pic that works correctly. Seems like other themes suffer from this issue as well.  

Thanks for talking this through with me. I appreciate the help.

Edited by N8T