LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to consolidate multiple languages into a single entry?

KiddCabbage

Hello, there are two languages in which I would mainly like to play games (English and Japanese). However, I do very much prefer a single icon for every game in Launchbox. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to maintain a large library that is 1) complete romsets, 2) 1G1R-appearance for my database (so I don't have thirty versions of the same Spongebob game) and 3) allows me to play a version of the game in one of either of my two main languages.

Is there a way that I can somehow consolidate the (U) and (J) versions of a rom into a single entry in Launchbox, so that I can choose the language at the time, rather than have parallel 1G1R (USA, EUR) and 1G1R (JPN) libraries at the same time?

Thanks

Oh great! I hadn't noticed this feature. And now when I right-click it I get options for each language. Thanks for the heads up. I assume this feature negates the need for 1G1R entirely, and I should import the most complete romsets available then? I see there is a "region priorities" tab in the option so I can put the regions I want to play at the top there.

Is anyone aware of how the consolidating algorithm works? I am running into some unexpected behavior with some titles, where all of the sequels will import under each entry of the series.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. For example, here are my versions of Adventures of Lolo for the NES:
image.png.f42f48c4f0dd9b35937c5818dac15959.pngAfter import, the entry for Adventure of Lolo contains combined roms of all AoL 1&2 roms. Adventure of Lolo 2 also contains the same combined list. AoL 3, however, only has its proper list of its two AoL3 files.

Does anyone know how this sorting works well enough to give some insight so that I can avoid this while importing my libraries?

I've never seen it do that with the consolidation of sequels although the importer has always done a bad job handling numbered sequels in my experience best bet is to right click the game and undo the consolidation then reconsolidate the correct ones together manually