LaunchBox Community Forums

Display two platforms under One Name?

Rickyrick423

IMG_0166.thumb.jpg.066a78c0dd2f7932243fa93721d05bad.jpgHi, currently my Mame collection is a set I ripped from a retropie build. It was split into two platforms, Libretro and Mame. These were seperated in this way due to the core required to run them. My question is, is it possible to display them as one category, as in Arcade, without messing up the associated core setup in Launchbox and Retroarch?

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

You can place any "Platform" or any "Playlist" under any "Category". It does not affect cores used with an associated platform. The "Category" simply is that a category and has no affect on any emulator you assigned to a platform nor the core that platform may use if assigned to Retroarch. 

In Launchbox simply edit the platform then go to the Parents tab and select the category you want it to show up under. You can even create a new category and call it what you want. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.37.08 PM.png