LaunchBox Community Forums

Add iQue (Chinese N64) platform ?

TimberlAndRE

Hi there,

do you plan to add the iQue as a official platform in the Games DB (so i don't have to create it myself in launchbox)?
Or do i have to add the games as N64-Versions ?

Has anybody already added the games in launchbox? I searched the forum, but didn't find anything bout that...

Thanks

-Timber

I see no reason this should be added to the DB. After looking this up because I had no idea of its existence all it is is just Chinese ports of Nintendo games for the Chinese market and not a completely different system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue

"The iQue Player is a micro variant of a home video game console by iQue that plays ports of Nintendo 64 games. It was uniquely designed to bypass China's ban on home console products placed at the time. 14 games came out for the console. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and a Traditional Chinese translation of Ocarina of Time were completed, but not released by iQue."

It had a very limited selection of games and there isn't even a proper emulator for it though apparently there are some decrypted roms in the .z64 format which I would imagine work in the current N64 emultors.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_64_emulators#iQue_Player_emulation

So yeah, if you have the roms and they work in whatever N64 emulator you are using just make a new platform called iQue and import your roms but scrape as N64 to get game media and metadata.

In my opinion adding this to the DB would be akin to adding the SNES mini, pointless.

• Thanks 1