LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamelist for NES keeps reducing from 859 ROMs to 688

Archivegamer

I have 859 files in my folder on same hard drive as Launchbox app, games with sequels keep ending up listed as different versions of same game, for example DuckTales 2 is hidden in DuckTales 1, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 is hidden with TMNT 2 the arcade game, I notice in Bigbox then go to desktop mode, right click then if it shows alternate versions I expand selected games, then the I have it as a separate game, last night for the 2nd time I went through every game 1 by one and did this til I had all of them, this morning I went to play Mega Man 4 and it said ROM file does not exist, so I scanned for removed ROMs, it found over a hundred, then I tried to play it and it still didn't exist, so I scanned for removed ROMs, then imported them over again, now they're back playable, just turned Bigbox back on an hour ago and I'm back to 688 games, switched to Launchbox and it says 830, sorry for the long question and it's probably a couple problems in one, I've been having this issue since I've been using Bigbox and I'm currently updated to 10.10, thanks for any ideas

6 minutes ago, Archivegamer said:

It's on a single PC, on an 8 TB external hard drive, I also have a separate build on my main hard drive but it's only a few GBs, no cloud, no server

OK so eliminates a sync issue that way.

So somehow the changes you make revert back after a period of time correct? At least that is how it seems from what I read.

2 minutes ago, Archivegamer said:

I have 2 .xml documents and one text document

Nintendo Entertainment System.backup

Nintendo Entertainment System.missing.serial

Nintendo Entertainment System

That is what I was thinking would be the issue. You need to move all those out and only leave the main Nintendo Entertainment System.xml. Launchbox is trying to read them all and is getting confused. Only the main xml platform files can be in that folder.

You can put them in subfolders in that folder, but they cannot be in the same folder as the main platform xml.

• Thanks 1