LaunchBox Community Forums

First Build Help

HeavyDe13

Looking for some advice, planning to build my first pc. Like to run gen 1 and 2 systems, maybe PS or Gamecube. Found multiple sites that help, please let me know if there's a helpful post already covering this.  Let's start on drives, should I run LB/BB on a SSD and store roms on HHD? Any performance issues? Thanks 

I wouldn't worry too much about SSD/HDD for storage when it comes to LB/BB and the roms.  You won't see too many benefits from storing either on an SSD as they don't take long to load on an HDD.  You would see benefits in speed of course, but not too much.  I would focus more on the three main parts of the PC ... processor, video card and ram (ram to a lesser degree than the other two).  Those will impact your experience with LB/BB and the emulators much more than the storage medium.  That being said, if you do have an SSD and a mechanical HDD in your system, then I would suggest you do what you listed (LB/BB on SSD and roms on the mechanical HDD - as they can use up alot of space that you can better use for other software on the SSD)