LaunchBox Community Forums

The update!

oilersman

Hi, does my older version of mame (with its working romset) get updated automatically through LB? I just want to keep my version that plays my romset and don't want any of the new stuff. 

Also side question, I paid for BBox last year... Anyway I can use it again without repaying? (new pc and I've been too busy to setup for almost a year) ?

Launchbox does not update anything with your roms. What you imported is what it keeps. If you never reimport they just stay the same  

The only time it can affect it is if you initially added your roms using the Full Mame romset importer. If you do not update your roms and try to run the full importer again after Jason has updated to the latest Mame version it can cause some issues.  You should only use this method if you actually have a full Mame romset. 

The answer on BigBox would be based on what license you bought. Lifetime or yearly? 

Yearly would mean as long as you are still using the version you were last on when your year expired you can keep using it. If you try to upgrade it will not work. You can only use the versions you downloaded during your year. 

Lifetime will of course work at any time since you get lifetime updates.  

54 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Launchbox does not update anything with your roms. What you imported is what it keeps. If you never reimport they just stay the same  

The only time it can affect it is if you initially added your roms using the Full Mame romset importer. If you do not update your roms and try to run the full importer again after Jason has updated to the latest Mame version it can cause some issues.  You should only use this method if you actually have a full Mame romset. 

The answer on BigBox would be based on what license you bought. Lifetime or yearly? 

Yearly would mean as long as you are still using the version you were last on when your year expired you can keep using it. If you try to upgrade it will not work. You can only use the versions you downloaded during your year. 

Lifetime will of course work at any time since you get lifetime updates. 

OK. Thx ?