LaunchBox Community Forums

what does EmuMovies membership do for LaunchBox?

BillK01

I'm kind of confused about what exactly becoming a paying member of EmuMovies provides with respect to my Launchbox/BigBox membership. 

I tried looking on the EmuMovies site on the donation page and it says:

• No download limits
  • Full access to the EmuMovies FTP
  • All media categories available in EmuMovies Sync
  • Special forum title
  • No ADS

But really doesn't spell out what paying for it adds to the LB/BB experience and it seems the forums have been infested with spambots - otherwise I'd have tried there. 

1 minute ago, BillK01 said:

I'm kind of confused about what exactly becoming a paying member of EmuMovies provides with respect to my Launchbox/BigBox membership. 

I tried looking on the EmuMovies site on the donation page and it says:

• No download limits
  • Full access to the EmuMovies FTP
  • All media categories available in EmuMovies Sync
  • Special forum title
  • No ADS

But really doesn't spell out what paying for it adds to the LB/BB experience and it seems the forums have been infested with spambots - otherwise I'd have tried there. 

Launchbox uses the EmuMovies sync to pull media directly into the program and named and placed correctly. Having the Premium Emumovies also allows you to download Manuals, Music and Gameplay videos as well as the images you get with the free acccount.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox uses the EmuMovies sync to pull media directly into the program and named and placed correctly. Having the Premium Emumovies also allows you to download Manuals, Music and Gameplay videos as well as the images you get with the free acccount.

Thank you.  What I'm not sure of is whether or not those additional items are then available within BigBox - for example - will gameplay videos show in BigBox when scrolling through the various games with an EmuMovies paid membership?  

1 minute ago, BillK01 said:

Thank you.  What I'm not sure of is whether or not those additional items are then available within BigBox - for example - will gameplay videos show in BigBox when scrolling through the various games with an EmuMovies paid membership?  

Once you download the videos they are on your system and yours to keep, and they will show in both Launchbox and Bigbox (theme/view depending).