LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame platform videos?

BillK01

I found a platform video I like for Mame to run in BigBox however it’s sort of blurry.   I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on where else to find platform videos other than EmuMovies (which is where I got this one) as this blurry version appears to be the only version of it available on their ftp.  This one is just a looping video of Galaga, Donkey Kong etc and not the common one that seems to be filled with a bunch of fighting games (which I’m not really interested in).  Looking for more of the 80s Classic arcade games. 

43 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

I found a platform video I like for Mame to run in BigBox however it’s sort of blurry.   I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on where else to find platform videos other than EmuMovies (which is where I got this one) as this blurry version appears to be the only version of it available on their ftp.  This one is just a looping video of Galaga, Donkey Kong etc and not the common one that seems to be filled with a bunch of fighting games (which I’m not really interested in).  Looking for more of the 80s Classic arcade games. 

Have you tried the platform video importer in launchbox? 

59 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Have you tried the platform video importer in launchbox? 

Is that something different than the importing process that happens when you import roms and you have the various check boxes then the same for EmuMovies for all the different media types?  

Edit - ok that is different and super cool!  Thank you.  Question - can you have more than one platform video and have BigBox just randomly run through them?  For example - could I have Williams Arcade Classics, Nintendo Arcade Classics etc and just have BB randomly use one when you are scrolling through platforms and hit Arcade? 

Edited by BillK01
  • Game On 1

54 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

Is that something different than the importing process that happens when you import roms and you have the various check boxes then the same for EmuMovies for all the different media types?  

Edit - ok that is different and super cool!  Thank you.  Question - can you have more than one platform video and have BigBox just randomly run through them?  For example - could I have Williams Arcade Classics, Nintendo Arcade Classics etc and just have BB randomly use one when you are scrolling through platforms and hit Arcade? 

No problem ;) I don't think you can have more than one platform video per platform, would be cool though!