LaunchBox Community Forums

New cab is up!

BillK01

So my buddy came over last night and we got my new Recroom Masters 32” cabinet built and we finalized everything earlier today.  I have some tweaking to do but for now it’s up and looking great!   Super happy with how it turned out.   My wife preferred we not put side graphics on it so I just went with a custom marquee.  

edit:  thank you to everyone who helped guide me with all my questions etc.  I have a whole bunch more to come!

707CB599-FAB3-4476-BBC1-1078FC89EAA6.jpeg

C62BF800-69EC-4562-AC0D-8FC25094E3D1.jpeg

Edited by BillK01
Thanks
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, BillK01 said:

I still have a lot of tweaking to do on it.  

Yeah, it's never ending. I am constantly tweaking and refining my setup. I ended up cheating and getting a couple Xbox One controllers for my RetroArch/consoles. I still may go back and set up NES to use the arcade stick since it does not have shoulder buttons. I have yet to see if RetroArch allows for multiple inputs like MAME. I have MAME set up to either use my Arcade stick/buttons or my Xbox 360 controllers. That's nice sometimes...hopefully I can mimic that with my RetroArch/consoles setup.

2 minutes ago, rydin4life said:

NIce!  Mine should ship in a week or two..can't wait to get it!   Did you put external speakers in it, or just using the ones from the TV?

I always like seeing other people's builds and idea...very cool!

Yes I put Logitech Z313's in it - not so much because I wanted a sub - which I didn't - however the 313's have the little wired control pod thingy for volume level which I DID want.  So it sits next to my keyboard in the drawer until I figure out a better / more accessible spot for it.  

Do you yourself a favor and get some black felt from Michael's or someplace similar ahead of time to lay over the speaker ports up top (on the inside) - otherwise you can see the light shining through the grilles (yes even through the wire mesh ones that I installed).  Also - I plan to get a small LED strip light for inside my marquee box as the included light is kind of weak and only 18" wide so the ends of the marquee are darker than the center.  Will probably order one from InspiredLED.com - I did under cabinet lighting throughout our kitchen with them and they are super nice and and a really great company to work with. 

• Like 1