LaunchBox Community Forums

Xtension control & Xbox controllers together?

BillK01

Can I have my Xtension controller AND Xbox controllers as well set up on my system?   I am finding it unintuitive to play some of the consoles on my system with the arcade controller and I’m thinking a couple of Xbox controllers would be better for those.

Will my control stick and a couple Xbox controllers live in harmony on my arcade cabinet or will it be a big pain in the butt?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, BillK01 said:

Can I have my Xtension controller AND Xbox controllers as well set up on my system?   I am finding it unintuitive to play some of the consoles on my system with the arcade controller and I’m thinking a couple of Xbox controllers would be better for those.

Will my control stick and a couple Xbox controllers live in harmony on my arcade cabinet or will it be a big pain in the butt?

Thank you!

Should work fine as long as the emulator does not have issues. I know many members use arcade controls and have gamepads for console specific systems. We have seen some users have issues with wired controllers being plugged and unplugged and some emulators not retaining the mapping since Windows can reassign a controller ID each time it is plugged back into a USB. I have not seen many issues like this with wireless though. I have been using my arcade controls with Xbox One and 8bitdo wireless controllers for several years now and minimal issues.