LaunchBox Community Forums

State of Retroarch and Atomiswave?

piscian

I saw the last thread was about a year ago. I tried to run Atomiswave on Retroarch but the Reicast core isn't available anymore and seems to be flycast now. Several games are running terribly for me, Both KOFs run extremely slow and Dolphin blue doesn't run at all. I switched to demul and everything works fine. Is anybody running Atomiswave on Retroarch? Thoughts on it?

Have no idea what hardware you are running on, shaders you are using, etc, but I use flycast core for all my Sammy games and they run great.

Dolphin Blue runs perfectly.

1 hour ago, piscian said:

Dolphin blue doesn't run at all

Doesn't give us much to go on. Does it start? If not likely a rom issue. If it runs, what happens?

1 hour ago, Headrush69 said:

Have no idea what hardware you are running on, shaders you are using, etc, but I use flycast core for all my Sammy games and they run great.

Dolphin Blue runs perfectly.

Doesn't give us much to go on. Does it start? If not likely a rom issue. If it runs, what happens?

no shaders, retroarch on default settings
PC 1. Ryzen 3600 GTX1080, W10PRO64
PC 2. I5 2400 GTX960, W10PRO64
LST/BIN
They both do the same thing with KOF Neowave, once the game starts it stutters constantly, Blue dolphin crashes before launch.

Both games run just fine in demul.

The core auto-downloaded as .1 b12f372. 

I was more generally curious if flycast was functioning with atomiswave for others. I've seen the same issue posted online but no fixes.

Edited by piscian

6 hours ago, piscian said:

no shaders, retroarch on default settings
PC 1. Ryzen 3600 GTX1080, W10PRO64
PC 2. I5 2400 GTX960, W10PRO64
LST/BIN
They both do the same thing with KOF Neowave, once the game starts it stutters constantly, Blue dolphin crashes before launch.

Both games run just fine in demul.

The core auto-downloaded as .1 b12f372. 

I was more generally curious if flycast was functioning with atomiswave for others. I've seen the same issue posted online but no fixes.

Just tested KOF Neowave as well and it runs perfect as well. I only have an i3-7100 and a GTX970 and this is upscaled and with per-pixel alpha sorting too.

I'm using the MAME rom set not LST/BIN format. (MAME set is preferred set now)

Edit: What options do you have on for this core? Threaded Rendering?

Edited by Headrush69

On 3/8/2020 at 10:22 PM, Headrush69 said:

Just tested KOF Neowave as well and it runs perfect as well. I only have an i3-7100 and a GTX970 and this is upscaled and with per-pixel alpha sorting too.

I'm using the MAME rom set not LST/BIN format. (MAME set is preferred set now)

Edit: What options do you have on for this core? Threaded Rendering?

Thanks its all working now, I was using lst/bin because that still currently the launchbox instructions, and my mame set was just crashing to menu. It turned out my mame set zips did not include the bios0-1.ic23.