LaunchBox Community Forums

Injustice: Gods Among Us and Xtension Arcade

SteveT79

I've had good luck with Autohotkey on most of my games and the Xtension arcade stick.  However I have two that just don't work at all.... Injustice and MK X.  For whatever reason AHK doesn't work or they see two keyboards and freak out.

For example with Injustice it asks to press a key on the controller to config input, but the arcade stick doesn't work but my attached keyboard does.

Is there any hope for these games to work?  x360ce maps a controller to emulate an xbox controller.. that won't work.  I just need something that can understand two keyboards attached to the PC, map one of them to joystick inputs and exit when the game exists.

Anyone accomplished this before?

40 minutes ago, SteveT79 said:

I've had good luck with Autohotkey on most of my games and the Xtension arcade stick.  However I have two that just don't work at all.... Injustice and MK X.  For whatever reason AHK doesn't work or they see two keyboards and freak out.

For example with Injustice it asks to press a key on the controller to config input, but the arcade stick doesn't work but my attached keyboard does.

Is there any hope for these games to work?  x360ce maps a controller to emulate an xbox controller.. that won't work.  I just need something that can understand two keyboards attached to the PC, map one of them to joystick inputs and exit when the game exists.

Anyone accomplished this before?

Which specific Xtension controller do you have? Odd the keyboard works not the Xtension. It replicates a keyboard. 

It's the emulator edition.  Yes it emulates a keyboard but it seems Injustice sees both my physical keyboard and xtension joystick as two separate keyboards and it doesn't like the xtension joystick at all.  I would say overly coded and/or not tested well by the developers.  I tried vjoy and ucr also with no luck.  UCR .Net would not accept any keyboard inputs ... don't know why.  And when I used the old version and vjoy, I could not get vjoy to respond to any button mapping.

Like I said it's only a few games that really have this problem, most I can just AHK around but some are coded so terribly I don't know what the developers were thinking.

34 minutes ago, SteveT79 said:

It's the emulator edition.  Yes it emulates a keyboard but it seems Injustice sees both my physical keyboard and xtension joystick as two separate keyboards and it doesn't like the xtension joystick at all.  I would say overly coded and/or not tested well by the developers.  I tried vjoy and ucr also with no luck.  UCR .Net would not accept any keyboard inputs ... don't know why.  And when I used the old version and vjoy, I could not get vjoy to respond to any button mapping.

Like I said it's only a few games that really have this problem, most I can just AHK around but some are coded so terribly I don't know what the developers were thinking.

Interesting to know it sees it as a separate keyboard. I do not have an Xtension so no experience there. If you disconnect your actual keyboard will it map correctly?

The Emulator addition is trimode so you can switch between keyboard, dinput, and xinput. I know it is not the best solution, but until you can figure something out you may need to run those games switching to Xinput mode.

6 minutes ago, SteveT79 said:

Well after reading more, I found that xinput does work as stated so that's an option.  I'm thinking I should have just gone that way from the beginning but alas all of my games are configured for keyboard.

What about the question of what happens if you disconnect the regular keyboard? Can you get the Xtension to map since now the game only sees the one keyboard?

I haven't tried, mainly because it's a heavy arcade cabinet and the keyboard cable is probably really hard to find in the rats nest I made :)

Strangely the docs says that changing to xinput I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB but I found that was not the case.  I could switch with ease.  Only downside is I lose my trackball on xinput.