LaunchBox Community Forums

Mouse/trackball auto-scrolling in BigBox

gquint194

I have a trackball mame system with LB/BB and every 30 seconds or so it auto scrolls (Fast and uncontrollably) through the games list while in the platform menu of BigBox.  I tried disabling Mouse in BB and tried playing with Game Conteoller settings in LB. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix?

20 minutes ago, gquint194 said:

I have a trackball mame system with LB/BB and every 30 seconds or so it auto scrolls (Fast and uncontrollably) through the games list while in the platform menu of BigBox.  I tried disabling Mouse in BB and tried playing with Game Conteoller settings in LB. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix?

Do you have attract mode turned on by chance? That feature will auto scroll after a certain period of time depending on how long the timer is set.

3 hours ago, radiohead9999 said:

I had this issue with version 10.11, i reverted to 10.10 and it resolved it (I am using a Tankstick) and I thought it was because of my controller as not many others seem to have an issue with version 10.11. Hope this helps

The only changes from 10.10 to 10.11 that would affect controllers is Jason added dinput support for Steering wheel controller issues. If you have a tankstick and having issues it would be helpful to troubleshoot. Otherwise if there is something in the new version affecting it we would not know what needs to be done. I use a tankstick on several cabinets and have no issues. Since a tankstick replicates key strokes the dinput update should not have affected it.

Is your tankstick using the newer tri-mode encoder that Xarcade added to their build?

Hi, Thank you for the quick reply My tankstick is the newer version with the tri-mode encoder (I have it set to input 2). i had followed your advice on an earlier post to force LB to use the default controller, but this didn't seem to help. I am happy to stick with version 10.10, as my machine works well and BB is behaving itself too.

Cheers

Steve