LaunchBox Community Forums

noob needs help exiting games

newsk

hello, still pretty new to launchbox/big box. currently I am trying to figure out how to make epsxe close and get myself back to launchbox after i am done playing a game from my diy arcade i built. I have  access to a keyboard but want to use my arcade controls only.  so far i have tried this:

from the tools menu /edit emulators /epsxe/ edit / then putting this script under the exit autokey script tab;  

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

this did not work so i went to controller mappings section from  options and found exit game. here i set up a 2button combination but this didnt work either. I'm sure there is something simple i am missing!!

I havent tried from big box mode yet. wanted to figure it out in regular lb first.

Am i supposed to setup something from epsxe direclty first?

Edited by newsk

16 minutes ago, newsk said:

hello, still pretty new to launchbox/big box. currently I am trying to figure out how to make epsxe close and get myself back to launchbox after i am done playing a game from my diy arcade i built. I have  access to a keyboard but want to use my arcade controls only.  so far i have tried this:

from the tools menu /edit emulators /epsxe/ edit / then putting this script under the exit autokey script tab;  

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

this did not work so i went to controller mappings section from  options and found exit game. here i set up a 2button combination but this didnt work either. I'm sure there is something simple i am missing!!

I havent tried from big box mode yet. wanted to figure it out in regular lb first.

Am i supposed to setup something from epsxe direclty first?

Paste the code in the "Running AHK" tab. The Exit AHK tab is for helping with exiting from the Pause Menu exit option.

I was about to ask pretty much the same thing so I think we can go on here instead of a new post.

That's my problem:

I usually set things up using Launchbox in desktop mode (not BigBox)...recently I've mapped in LaunchBox some controller key combinations to exit game (select+start) and it works fine (i didn't use any script, just LB options).

Now I was testing Big Box and I noticed that my mapping doesn't work there. I thought Big Box would use the same mapping of LaunchBox but I was wrong.

I've looked into Big Box controller mapping but the options are for the interface itself and not fot the games (there's "Exit" that quit BigBox, but not "Exit Game" like in LaunchBox).

So I suppose maybe the solution could be a script.

Can someone please help me? I don't know how to do it. The mapping I want is "Select+Start" (or "Back+Start" or "Button7+Button8")

thanks so much

42 minutes ago, luk said:

I was about to ask pretty much the same thing so I think we can go on here instead of a new post.

That's my problem:

I usually set things up using Launchbox in desktop mode (not BigBox)...recently I've mapped in LaunchBox some controller key combinations to exit game (select+start) and it works fine (i didn't use any script, just LB options).

Now I was testing Big Box and I noticed that my mapping doesn't work there. I thought Big Box would use the same mapping of LaunchBox but I was wrong.

I've looked into Big Box controller mapping but the options are for the interface itself and not fot the games (there's "Exit" that quit BigBox, but not "Exit Game" like in LaunchBox).

So I suppose maybe the solution could be a script.

Can someone please help me? I don't know how to do it. The mapping I want is "Select+Start" (or "Back+Start" or "Button7+Button8")

thanks so much

You can set an exit hook in BigBox directly. Go into BigBox settings. Under controller mapping scroll down until you see Close Active Window. That is for closing out of a game.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6.29.00 PM.png

• Thanks 1