LaunchBox Community Forums

One of many platforms was exported to android with an incompatible rom file format... how to fix?

Dustin Mustangs

My gamecube roms were zipped, which worked with Dolphin on my pc but apparently not on my Shield.  My export package was huge with numerous platforms.  Do I need to redo the entire export or is there an easier way to fix just the gamecube portion?  Unzipping them all is obviously easy but how do I get launchbox on my shield to associate with the other rom file type??

13 hours ago, Dustin Mustangs said:

My gamecube roms were zipped, which worked with Dolphin on my pc but apparently not on my Shield.  My export package was huge with numerous platforms.  Do I need to redo the entire export or is there an easier way to fix just the gamecube portion?  Unzipping them all is obviously easy but how do I get launchbox on my shield to associate with the other rom file type??

There's an import process available directly on Android now, so you should be able to just delete that platform from LaunchBox on Android, and then just re-import directly on Android after unzipping them.

Thanks for the reply Jason.  I got antsy last night and deleted the gamecube.cfg and gamecube directories in the export.  That was not the way!  Everything went haywire after that so I just deleted it all, started a new export, and called it a night.  Next time I will try your suggestion. 

Great app btw, I have been having a ton of fun setting it up as the heart of my latest arcade cabinet build.  I cannot wait for Bigbox on Android!!

• Like 1