LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble on startup 10.11

Hovis

Hey All

Everything was working great until I downloaded the newest version (10.11). Ever since EVERY TIME I try to start Launchbox, the progress bar gets to Populating Games and then this error comes up......any ideas? or fixes? 

(Inner Exception)

The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11
Type:    System.IO.PathTooLongException
Site:    System.String LegacyNormalizePath(System.String, Boolean, Int32, Boolean)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path)
   at (DataManager , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.LoadGames(String filePath)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object <p0>)

(Outer Exception)

One or more errors occurred.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11
Type:    System.AggregateException
Site:    Void ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
   at (DataManager , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.Load(Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

5:27:54 PM Exception

Hi @Hovis, by chance are you using a hard drive seller's collection or a downloaded collection? I ask because we're confused how you'd be getting that error to begin with.

That said, we did make a change in the latest beta (10.12-beta-6) that might help with this. Can you update to the latest beta and check?

Thanks for the reply, Jason.

I don't believe I'm using either of those, Everything was great and perfect when I was on Version 10.10 but when I did the scheduled update, I restarted and come up with this error everytime, I was going to just scrub the program and redownload and install but I was afriad I'd lose all the progress I made to get Launchbox just right and how I wanted (a lot of work) I'll update to the latest beta and get back with you...

Once again, Thanks for the response