LaunchBox Community Forums

Not loading

Spondooli

4 minutes ago, Spondooli said:

Can anyone help ? Been using launchbox and big box only this morning and everything worked fine. Now this afternoon iv come back to it and I cant get it to load whatsoever. Any ideas anyone ? 

Need a little more information. Cannot get what to load specifically? LaunchBox and/or BigBox?

What exactly happens? Do you get an error, do you see anything, does it start to load then just stop?

1 minute ago, Spondooli said:

Sorry I'm new to this, only bought launchbox 2 weeks ago. Neither launchbox or big box will load. I click on the launchbox exe, the white box pops up saying initialising, this stays on screen for 2 to 3 seconds then disappears. 

No worries. If you right click on the task bar and select Task Manage do you see LaunchBox or BigBox running at all?

You using an antivirus or MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner? We have seen those block the exe from running.

I would say if the answer if no to those questions try downloading a fresh install and extract it to another drive letter if you have a second drive or if not install in a completely new folder location. See if that runs then we can eliminate something on the pc being the issue.

Ok so.....my kaunchbox is on my 8tb external drive, along with my games, artwork etc,  I did this so it is all in one place and so it is completely portable 

I unplugged the drive and downloaded a fresh launchbox onto my internal drive, it loads fine. The launbox exe on my external still doesn't work. 

I'm confused lol 

55 minutes ago, Spondooli said:

Do u think I'm going to need to start rebuilding my launchbox from scratch ? 

You should not need to rebuild. All the import metadata is stored in the files in the \Launchbox\Data folders so back those up to protect them. Downloading the newest version or even reinstalling a prior version over top does not mess with your roms or your media. So you can rerun the installer for the current version you are using and install in the same folder. 

But if you want to be safe back up your roms and media as well. You should already be doing that as is.

8 hours ago, Spondooli said:

Hi bud. Thanks for the help, iv already formatted the drive and started over about half an hour ago. Launchbox is working again from my drive now iv done that. Itll give me something to do during isolation so not to worry lol 

Thanks again 

Glad you are back up and running.

Right...just spent practically the whole day rebuilding my launchbox, and now it's doing it again, Launchbox wont launch !!! W the actual F. All I have been doing is uploading games and artwork, been fine all day then for no reason it wont launch again ?