LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME ROM Specific Questions

Hamfighter

Is there a forum area I could be pointed to that addresses questions for specific ROMs?

Here's two questions I currently have that I'd like to post in the correct area:

MAME 0.219 ROMs

1) Root Beer Tapper - I have Tapper, and it works perfectly.  When you right click on the game, several options appear as to which version to play.  I would like to default to "Play (Root Beer) Version" without having to right-click each time.  Is there a way to set that default?

2) Kung-Fu Master - Plays correctly, but the sound echos with each sound.  Any way to fix this problem?  

Thanks so much...been working for a couple of days now, and having mostly great success!!!

1 minute ago, Hamfighter said:

1) Root Beer Tapper - I have Tapper, and it works perfectly.  When you right click on the game, several options appear as to which version to play.  I would like to default to "Play (Root Beer) Version" without having to right-click each time.  Is there a way to set that default?

Right click the game and go to edit, then the associated apps tab, click on the version you want and then click "make default" OK out of the edit window.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamfighter said:

That worked perfectly, Neil...thanks so much!

Is this the correct area for asking these type of questions, or is there a sub-forum for mame rom specific questions?

Any guesses on the Kung-Fu Master sound problem?

I just tried that game here. I have never played it before so im not sure exactly how it is supposed to sound, but it sounded OK to me.

• Like 1