LaunchBox Community Forums

Dynamic Images

I am just getting started on creating my first theme for BigBox. Sorry if this is a noob question, xaml is completely new to me.

I watched some tutorials up to this video so far.

This video shows how to have different items depending on a property such as PlatformTitle.

What if you want to use the PlatformTitle as part of your path no matter what platform is selected?

Is this supported and how would you go about it? I don't want to have a trigger for each platform.

<Image Source"pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/MyTheme/Resources/[PlatformTitle]/image.png" ... />

And two other questions...

Are .svg files supported by BigBox?

Is it possible to have the pack://siteoforigin:,,, syntax point to the theme directory instead of the launchbox directory? Perhaps there is (or could be) a variable to use for the currently applied theme? This would be better if you copy a theme as you wouldn't need to modify all of these sources.

Did a little more digging and found that Svg images are supported only if the application was compiled for Windows 10 (1703 or newer).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Image?view=winrt-18362

Ctrl+F in that for SvgImageSource... Maybe support for this could be added. I think scalable images would be a great improvement and would really help make themes look nice no matter what resolution they are used at.

7 hours ago, proghodet said:

Have you seen the Community Theme Creator?

Of course, if you need full control, XAML is the way to go, but the Theme Creator simplifies the process and has a lot of great features :)

I found that yesterday, but have not tried it yet. I'm pretty comfortable working with text based files. Might give it a try though. I saw the BannerBox theme was created using the theme creator.