LaunchBox Community Forums

Command Line to Target a Specific Retroarch Config File?

fromlostdays

well, i'm pullin my hair out again:

i'm trying to get retroarch to simply save the video options (setting fullscreen On, windowed Off, and Scaling/Aspect Ratio = core provided)  for the folder contents of a platform (e.g. CPS1) and can not get it to save.

I've tried Manage Core Options/Save Content Directory  Options

I've tried Overrides/Save Content Directory Overrides

I've tried saving to a new CFG + the two above options

everytime i restart RA, the video options i had set go back to what they were.    i'm obviously missing something ha, we we just need a "save all the RA changes i've made for this directory" which i thought that's what one or both of the above menu choices would do, but for whatever reason its not working for me on the Video settings. and i'm almost sure i've asked this before or somethin similar so may have just forgotten the 'right process' so need to go hunt down my prior posts..

EDIT:  well, sorry all, i neglected to remember that i had recently been messing around with overlays and had CFG files from a Retrolust overlay pack which dictated the view port size saved in the content director inside retroarch so these were overriding everything despite my trying to override those thru RA menu options lol. 

So i think i'm good now. i would like to go read up on what the above menu options do "save for"  (like the Content Directory Overrides will capture WHAT compared to the "Save Content Directory Options"  vs having a custom cfg file  etc....

Edited by zoemorn