LaunchBox Community Forums

Mouse Keeps Appearing in MAME

Crypt101

So I'm running the latest LB/BB on a Dell Optiplex 7020 and MAME 0.219 with 2 usb keypads and buttons. Everytime I load MAME it works fine till I start moving the joystick then press any buttons, because then the white desktop mouse appears and starts interfering with the game. I have "Hide Mouse Cursor During Game" selected in LB. I have looked at the MAME.ini file but I dont know how to disable the mouse completely. I'd be fine with just using a keyboard navigation while in the MAME UI. Can someone help me here?

Not sure if this would work or not, but in the device mappings in mame, you could try setting the mouse option to none.  This would mean a mouse would never work in mame though.  But, as long as you have controller and keyboard mappings in place, the mouse should not be needed perhaps.

Untitled.png

I just read that apparently the video mode you're using can make a difference with mouse showing in full screen mode as well. You can try using d3d video mode and see if the mouse doesn't show up anymore while in fullscreen.  Apparently d3d uses exclusive fullscreen, whereas opengl and bgfx used borderless windows (which could allow the mouse to show through)

Edited by CDBlue