LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox with Daphne game plays in background

odkmo

I am able to play Daphne games through Daphneloader independently.  I can also load Daphne games through Launchbox normally.  I recently upgraded to BigBox.  When I attempt to play a game with BigBox, I get a blank screen with the command prompt displayed in a window.  I can hear the game starting and need to exit BigBox to see the game playing.  I then need to end the game and go back into BigBox.  It is a Windows 10 PC.  Thanks for any help.

Edited by odkmo
typo

Daphne is a bit wonky with screen resolutions and playing well with front ends.  There are a few things to try. 

1) Try turning off the startup screens within Launchbox (Tools Menu, Edit Platform, Daphne, Startup Screen tab).  I have found, depending on how you have set your resolution launch commands in Daphne emulator, the startup screen can get pushed into the foreground. It is more likely when in BB since it is fullscreen already as part of interface.

2) If you want to have the startup screen, try checking "Aggressive Startup Window Hiding" in the same tab as noted in #1.  That can typically force the startup screen back to the background.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f8f5eaf7abbb7525e5b6d32cd9239b49.JPG

3)The other is more fiddly, but you tell Daphne to launch at the window height of your monitor then the windows don't get jerked around when switching resolutions. So if you have a 1920x1080 monitor, telling Daphne to launch at or close to the 1080 height will usually keep the windows from moving around as much. It is more complicated because although most games will work at 1152x1080, some will get distorted (like Dragon's Lair which the closest match is 1620x1080) and some people have different video roms which are different resolutions.  I would try the other methods above first unless you are familiar with how Daphne launch batch commands work on your setup and see if fixes. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...