LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching third party app after an emulator starts

danielsan27

Hi there,

having this problem:

Running VirtualJaguar on LB, needs "joytokey" for jaguar's keyboard's issues, ok

Ok, once i imported roms, if i edit every rom (by modify menu), i can add "joytokey" as "another application", but doing this for every rom is boring...

So..is there any way on LB  to tell "emulator": start and then, "run this program" ??

Hoping i've been clear

Thanks on advance for the replies.

Unfortunately you can't add emulator-specific additional applications, the same way you do per rom. It has been requested but is not implemented yet.

I use joytokey for all my emulators, therefore I have created an autohotkey-script  (could also be a batch-script) which launches joytokey and launchbox at the same time. Same with BigBox.
Just ask if you need pointers.

• 2 weeks later...
Run "%A_ScriptDir%\LaunchBox.exe"
Sleep, 10000
Run "%A_ScriptDir%\Tools\JoyToKey\JoyToKey.exe"
Sleep, 2000
if WinExist ("ahk_exe LaunchBox.exe")
  WinActivate, ahk_exe LaunchBox.exe
Return

This is the script that I use to open LaunchBox. You would need to have AutoHotKey installed on your machine. Then right click in the LaunchBox folder, choose new -> AutoHotKkey script.
It doesn't matter what you call the script but mine is called LaunchKeys (as it launches launchbox and joytokeys)

Open the file in notepad and copy the code from above. Be sure to edit so the path to JoytoKey matches your joytokey path. Mine is inside LaunchBox\Tools\JoyToKey, as you can see above.
Save the script, and double click it. It should launch both programs. When you know it works, you can right click it and select "Compile to EXE", et voila

You should be able to then edit the script to work for bigbox also, if needed.

You can remove the second line (sleep, 10000), if you wish to start both programs fairly quickly.
Older versions of JoyToKey only listened for new joysticks at the start - that is why I added that delay :)