LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox startup time

lothar_20

How  long does Bigbox takes to load?

I'm using old 7.1 version and its quite slow even from ssd. I need boot to Bigbox fast when computer starts to avoid seeing desktop stuff so if startup times are better in lastest release then I will consider buying new version.

• 2 years later...

Hey all - I was wondering if it's normal for BigBox to take 20 seconds to launch? I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8ghz with a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe so it should be lightning fast, but it just seemingly takes forever to startup. I open the shortcut and it takes about 5 seconds for the Splash image to appear, then about 15 seconds later it launches. Is this just poor optimization or is there anything I can do to get it launch faster? Is this normal?

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Edited by yazanabbass1112

1 hour ago, yazanabbass1112 said:

Hey all - I was wondering if it's normal for BigBox to take 20 seconds to launch? I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8ghz with a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe so it should be lightning fast, but it just seemingly takes forever to startup. I open the shortcut and it takes about 5 seconds for the Splash image to appear, then about 15 seconds later it launches. Is this just poor optimization or is there anything I can do to get it launch faster? Is this normal?

Startup time is directly linked to the amount of games you have, and having auto populated playlists will add to this quite a lot too as the playlist is essentially created at launch, by scanning your files, and this takes time.