LaunchBox Community Forums

X Arcade joy stick

Bruce237

Hi there, I have just downloaded Launchbox and installed on my PC and there are a couple of interesting things happening (or not happening)

I can't open any of the games but I am assuming, at this stage, that it is just because I haven't configured a controller. Can anyone advise on how to configure the X-Arcade joystick (two player model)??

Thanks

Launchbox really needs a keyboard if you want to move around inside it. Even though the Xarcade controllers replicate a keyboard the stock way they map the buttons does not make moving around inside LB easy. If you have the tankstick with the trackball it is easy since the trackball replicates a mouse. Or if you have the new trimode pcb version you can switch the Xarcade to xinput which will work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 11:52 PM, Bruce237 said:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I have an older version of the X-Arcade joystick which requires a PS2 keyboard so it looks like I will have to try something else.

Cheers

As a side note, you can buy a replacement PCB from X-Arcade to upgrade your existing tankstick to the new tri-mode. It's not too difficult and only requires a screwdriver.