LaunchBox Community Forums

Converting my existing themes

Before you quickly hit the back button, let me explain a bit.
Yes, I'm wanting to convert my HyperSpin themes - BUT - butbutbutbutbut...
I'm not talking about the HyperSpin themes you see all over the internet with a thousand animations and noises and etc etc etc.

This is what my theme set looks like - but there are NO ANIMATIONS, or at least I stripped out as many as I could in HyperSpin.

I was very pleased to find that BigBox default theme isn't too dissimilar in style to what I've done with HS. There are some things I need help with though.

1.) Main Menu Vertical Wheel.
The "Platform Wheel 2" option is lovely as it looks very similar to my main menu.
However, the wheel is curved instead of vertical, and the spacing is massive by comparison.

2.) Main Menu Layout
I absolutely love the layout with "Platform Wheel 2" with the singular exception being that the video is underneath the banner and details.
I would like to flip them to be the other way around.

3.) Main Menu Background.
I thought this one would be easy but I'm at a loss.
I want the use the same image seen in my preview here, behind every platform on the main menu.
I don't want it animating at all, just that static image while everything in front moves.

4.) Platform Layout
Inside each platform is nigh perfection.
However, like the main menu I really really want to flip it so the video and details are on top, and the wheel on the bottom.
Would love the swap left-right with the video and details too.

Are these kind of alterations possible? I don't mind learning some things to get it done, but I don't know what I'm doing at the moment.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Main.png

PSX.png

SNES.png

They are possible if you know how to code, or at least know how to read what you are looking at in the code and make the necessary adjustments. It is not too difficult, but if it is not something you do not already know and probably do not feel like spending time learning you are in luck.

One of resident users has built and keeps developing a theme creator program. Nice UI for easy theme building without any code knowledge.