LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Aimtrack gun with Mame and other emus

johnnyskullhead

I don't have an Aimtrak I have EMS Top Gun 3 but the way I do it with it (I assume the same with Aimtrak) is just start a mame game and hit tab you can choose general settings which will effect all mame games or the one below it which is game specific then go to the button you want to change hit enter and press the button on your gun and it should register and save in Mame permanently. If it's not working that way I can't help though because again I don't have Aimtrak.

Dreamcast you have a few options I heard Redream just got lightgun support but I've never used it so can't give you advice I know it only supports Dreamcast while Demul supports Dreamcast and many Sega arcade games and some of those works with Lightguns Naomi, Naomi 2, Atomiswave and Hikaru so Demul is probably your best bet unless you have no interest in those arcade games but some of them are awesome. You have to make sure you have the right bios and some games need chds to work sorta like Mame. 

There's also Flycast I use the standalone and it's probably the easiest to setup lightgun games most of them just work by changing settings to Lightgun no calibration needed. But you have to find the Flycast standalone. But Demul has more support for more arcade types Flycast is only Dreamcast and some Naomi and some Atomiswave so compatibility wise Demul wins. 

Edited by Jayinem

On 4/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, Jayinem said:

I don't have an Aimtrak I have EMS Top Gun 3 but the way I do it with it (I assume the same with Aimtrak) is just start a mame game and hit tab you can choose general settings which will effect all mame games or the one below it which is game specific then go to the button you want to change hit enter and press the button on your gun and it should register and save in Mame permanently. If it's not working that way I can't help though because again I don't have Aimtrak.

Dreamcast you have a few options I heard Redream just got lightgun support but I've never used it so can't give you advice I know it only supports Dreamcast while Demul supports Dreamcast and many Sega arcade games and some of those works with Lightguns Naomi, Naomi 2, Atomiswave and Hikaru so Demul is probably your best bet unless you have no interest in those arcade games but some of them are awesome. You have to make sure you have the right bios and some games need chds to work sorta like Mame. 

There's also Flycast I use the standalone and it's probably the easiest to setup lightgun games most of them just work by changing settings to Lightgun no calibration needed. But you have to find the Flycast standalone. But Demul has more support for more arcade types Flycast is only Dreamcast and some Naomi and some Atomiswave so compatibility wise Demul wins. 

Many Thanks