LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem importing roms with almost the same name

elykor

Hello !

I have a problem importing different versions of the same game.

To take an example, i will take the game Actraiser. (on SNES)

The first time i launch "import rom", Launchbox found 3 games (ActRaiser (France).sfc, ActRaiser (USA).sfc, ActRaiser (Europe).sfc), he will merge them or create three games but on this side it's fine (I can do the fusion myself).

If i import (to take an example) ActRaiser (France).sfc and ActRaiser (USA), he will create the same way as my first time (merge or 2 games), but the problem here is after i want to add another version, if i use "search for rom added", launchbox don't find the game :/ (the same if i try to import the game, he find the roms but 0 import in the end).

The game directory is good (in the good folder), the name of the games have some differences ( usa, europe, etc) and i check the MD5 (each have differences).

I don't have the problem with somes snes games, launchbox will find them.

If you have an idea of how to fix this, I'll be glad to know :)

Thanks !

Edited by elykor

Thanks You for the answer,

This method works fine if it's just add a game i know he missing but not with a folder.

I did some tests, if i use "seach for rom added" with a room that i renamed, he detects it. (to take example  3 Ninjas Kick Back (U) [T+Fre1.00_GenerationIX] , if i change something between the parenthese or the hook, it doesn't work but if i change the name "3 Ninjas Kick Back"  it's works ).

for now, the only solution i have found is to completely delete the snes collection and redo an import.