LaunchBox Community Forums

AutoHotKey Not Running

legion411

Hello All

I have an issue in BigBox where non of my keyboard automations or key joystick combo to exit an emulator are working. I guess both these functions rely on AHK to be running in the background, but it's not running.

All joystick controls within BigBox work ok

If i try running AHK from c:\users\USERNAME\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\AutoHotKey\ i get an error "Script File Not Found" How do i get AHK back to it's original state?

Ver 10.14

7 minutes ago, legion411 said:

Hello All

I have an issue in BigBox where non of my keyboard automations or key joystick combo to exit an emulator are working. I guess both these functions rely on AHK to be running in the background, but it's not running.

All joystick controls within BigBox work ok

If i try running AHK from c:\users\USERNAME\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\AutoHotKey\ i get an error "Script File Not Found" How do i get AHK back to it's original state?

Ver 10.14

AHK does not need to run in the background. So the keys/buttons you mapped are no longer exiting games? What command are you mapping to (Exit or Close Active Window)?

Here's the input binding i'm using if that's what you mean?

<InputBinding>

<InputAction>BigBoxExitGame</InputAction>

<ControllerHoldBinding>Button8</ControllerHoldBinding>

<ControllerBinding>Button7</ControllerBinding>

</InputBinding>

10 minutes ago, legion411 said:

Here's the input binding i'm using if that's what you mean?

<InputBinding>

<InputAction>BigBoxExitGame</InputAction>

<ControllerHoldBinding>Button8</ControllerHoldBinding>

<ControllerBinding>Button7</ControllerBinding>

</InputBinding>

That's probably right but I never really looked inside the InputBindings.xaml and the input inside BigBox menu is named differently. In BigBox if you go to your controller automation setting just make sure you bound the option named "Close Active Window".

If that is what you bound try clearing the bindings and redoing them

26 minutes ago, legion411 said:

That leads me to my second problem.... I can only change settings in the Input Bindings XML. If i do it in BigBox it does not register any Input from The Joystick. (Maybe i should've started with that!)

Under "Controller" setting in BigBox did you tick the box for "Enable Game Controllers"

Also make sure you select your controller under the "Device" option.

OK I think i've got it....

Issue is i have 2 "Generic USB Joystick" connected and i can see no way of BigBox differentiating between the two, so only randomly tapping enter a few times on the "Device:" field until i get the right one worked!

Having "Use All Controllers" checked seemed to make no difference

Maybe an enhancement for the next version?

Many thanks for all your help.

image.thumb.png.710eaf8c28c20f3f990f9f993e16985b.png