LaunchBox Community Forums

Leave BigBox Running on 2nd Screen?

superbike81

I have a setup where I have a small LCD monitor on top of a CRT TV. I use the LCD monitor for BigBox and then the game launches to the CRT. Everything works great, except I would love to keep the second screen showing something while gaming, like a marquee, or game info, or even cycling through a list of games. I've tried a couple different options, something about a 2nd screen marquee which I thought would be it, but the screen just goes black until the game over screen activates. I tried searching but I'm not having any luck. I'm guessing this is a very simple option I'm missing though. Thanks for the help!

19 hours ago, superbike81 said:

I have a setup where I have a small LCD monitor on top of a CRT TV. I use the LCD monitor for BigBox and then the game launches to the CRT. Everything works great, except I would love to keep the second screen showing something while gaming, like a marquee, or game info, or even cycling through a list of games. I've tried a couple different options, something about a 2nd screen marquee which I thought would be it, but the screen just goes black until the game over screen activates. I tried searching but I'm not having any luck. I'm guessing this is a very simple option I'm missing though. Thanks for the help!

BigBox does not have a setting that allows flipping back and forth between 2 screens once a game is launched to keep something displayed on both screens. You can set main screen and a marquee screen. What ever you set as the marquee screen will stay the marquee screen. So in your case LCD is main screen (since that is what you said displays BigBox) and CRT is marquee. Once the game is started and whatever program you are using switches the game to the CRT, BigBox still sees the CRT as the marquee.