LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to use more than one of the same emulator?

Jayinem

I have an emulator Flycast that I want to make a copy of and have two different folders of the same emulator. The reason is I have an arcade stick to use for the Naomi games that work on it and I want to use my wireless controller for Dreamcast games, but the emulator makes you choose a primary so I don't want to switch back and forth every time I play thus two copies of the same emulator. But I'm not sure how to do that in Launchbox when I add an emulator it appears you can only choose from a list in the dropbox or am I incorrect? 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If that is what you want to do just add a second version, name it something different and then point to the correct folder. You are not stuck to what is in the drop down list. Just type what you want in that cell.

I just tried that it says Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid.

5 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

I just tried that it says Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid.

You have to add a platform name in the associated platform tab. You have to do that anytime you add an emulator or when adding a new platform that will use a specific emulator.