LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroachievements Badge

narnz

On 5/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, narnz said:

Hi,

I would like to throw the idea of a retroachievements badge similar to the MAME High score which indicates which games has retroachievements. 

This has come up from a lot of people, but unfortunately the current RetroAchievements.org API doesn't really allow us to do this, because we can't run batch downloads/updates.

I can think of a way: Maybe add a field in game metadata for whether RetroAchievements is supported, and before making LB able to scrape that, make sure every single game on RetroAchievements has that field set to yes (as in every game that's on RetroAchievements and the database)

Edited by SonicFan53

2 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

I can think of a way: Maybe add a field in game metadata for whether RetroAchievements is supported, and before making LB able to scrape that, make sure every single game on RetroAchievements has that field set to yes (as in every game that's on RetroAchievements and the database)

Yes, there are inaccurate ways to do it like that, but we wouldn't be updating the badges until each game was selected, so it would be a mess.