LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Snes9X with Launchbox will not save .srm

If I use Snes9x v1.54 without Launchbox I can use any games internal save function to create or append the .srm save file. However if I launch through Launchbox 10.15 the .srm file will not be updated.

I read an earlier post and changed the exit game button to my keyboards End button, but this did not resolve the issue.

I can use savestates without issue.

4 minutes ago, nostalgiafactor said:

If I use Snes9x v1.54 without Launchbox I can use any games internal save function to create or append the .srm save file. However if I launch through Launchbox 10.15 the .srm file will not be updated.

I read an earlier post and changed the exit game button to my keyboards End button, but this did not resolve the issue.

I can use savestates without issue.

In your emulator set-up in LB  >Tools>Manage Emulators and then edit Snes9x are there any AHK scripts in the Running AHK and Exit AHK tabs? If so can you post what it is?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nostalgiafactor said:

This is whats in the Running AHK under snes9x in LB

; This section closes Snes9x when pressing Escape
$End::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

That's what I thought it was going to be. It is that specific AHK. It is not allowing Snes9x to save the game save on exit as it is a hard close command.

I would change that to the code below.

$Esc::
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

6 minutes ago, nostalgiafactor said:

That did it Bud! Thanks so much.

Purchased LB about 2 years ago, really been enjoying it. This was the first real issue I couldn't figure out. Cheers and Thank You!

No worries. I would look at any other emulators you imported and if you see that code change it to the one I posted. Not all emulators that support game saves do the saving on exit, but it would be useful to just have the same code across the board.

• Like 1