LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Star Ratings

Cineaste

So I decided to rate a bunch of games on the LB games database, then run the update script on my setup (Tools > Download Updated Community Star Ratings). The votes I added online are not being scraped however, even 24 hours later. Does it not count your personal ratings?

For example, I added the 16th vote to Legacy of Kain: Defiance - https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/4586

But on my setup the game persists at 15 votes, even when deleting and re-scraping the game. What am I missing?

22 minutes ago, Thornback said:

So I decided to rate a bunch of games on the LB games database, then run the update script on my setup (Tools > Download Updated Community Star Ratings). The votes I added online are not being scraped however, even 24 hours later. Does it not count your personal ratings?

For example, I added the 16th vote to Legacy of Kain: Defiance - https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/4586

But on my setup the game persists at 15 votes, even when deleting and re-scraping the game. What am I missing?

I would assume your own personal rating isnt included as there is a separate data point for your own rating.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I would assume your own personal rating isnt included as there is a separate data point for your own rating.

Isn't the Launchbox games database a separate thing though (i.e. different accounts)? How would LB make the connection?

7 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Isn't the Launchbox games database a separate thing though (i.e. different accounts)? How would LB make the connection?

To be honest i dont know, its not something i have any interest in myself, i know how i would rate a game, i dont really care what others may think of it.