LaunchBox Community Forums

PS1 slow scratchy dips to 1 FPS

d2produce

So I got Windows 10 Pro,  AMD Ryzen 7 processor and a AMD RX 580 6GB graphics card and yet neither Beetle HW or Beetle cores are working in retroarch for ps1 emulation the sound is very scratchy and the fps goes down to 14 and 1 and on Beetle HW I can't run games at all because it crashes before the bios even loads.  What am I missing here is Retroarch not compatible with AMD or do I have to set it up specifically for AMD.  I've watched every PS1 youtube video setup and they all work flawlessly out of the gate but it seems like every core for every system I try to setup doesn't even work until I have to do hours of research to the point I'm just thinking of ditching this computer and buying a i9 with a 1080 GTX it's pretty ridiculous that there's no GPU/CPU detection on these programs so it can autoconfig itself.  I'm spending more time Fixing this broken program (Retroarch) than I am playing games LOL.  

So my question is what are the Global settings I need to change to get Retroarch to work with all cores / all systems?

Edited by d2produce

Now Sega CD isn't working.  This is Ridiculous...a $1,200 PC and I can't run Sega CD games LOL.  Saturn isn't working either.  And PS1 doesn't work with epsxe or Retroarch BeetleHW/Beetle I'm going to test Gamecube and Wii but I don't have high hopes for those either.

1 minute ago, d2produce said:

Now Sega CD isn't working.  This is Ridiculous...a $1,200 PC and I can't run Sega CD games LOL.  Saturn isn't working either.  And PS1 doesn't work with epsxe or Retroarch BeetleHW/Beetle I'm going to test Gamecube and Wii but I don't have high hopes for those either.

Check that your Graphics drivers, directx, .NET, and Visual studio are all up to date, also make sure your PC is running at 60hz.

1 hour ago, d2produce said:

t's pretty ridiculous that there's no GPU/CPU detection on these programs so it can autoconfig itself.  I'm spending more time Fixing this broken program (Retroarch) than I am playing games LOL.  

Most emulators only use your CPU, and there is no need to detect your hardware, any modern CPU will just work, even 5, maybe 10 year old hardware will just work. You have deeper issues here, it's not the fault of retroarch. What happens when you run a actual PC game on your hardware?