LaunchBox Community Forums

How to show Mega Drive rather than Genesis

MrXBob

I've searched high and low, so please forgive me if I missed the answer.

I've imported all my roms and automatically grabbed the meta data and images from EmuMovies / Launchbox. 

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere that lets me set my preferred region or an option to toggle between Genesis and Mega Drive? I only want to see Mega Drive artwork (including platform logo) unless the game is exclusive to another region, then I don't mind if Genesis artwork appears. 

The images folder for Genesis is full of Mega Drive art with alternate folders for North America, Europe etc. 

Edited by MrXBob

On 6/25/2020 at 6:05 PM, MrXBob said:

I've searched high and low, so please forgive me if I missed the answer.

I've imported all my roms and automatically grabbed the meta data and images from EmuMovies / Launchbox. 

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere that lets me set my preferred region or an option to toggle between Genesis and Mega Drive? I only want to see Mega Drive artwork (including platform logo) unless the game is exclusive to another region, then I don't mind if Genesis artwork appears. 

The images folder for Genesis is full of Mega Drive art with alternate folders for North America, Europe etc. 

Tools, Options, Legacy, General, Region Priorities could certainly do it, but it sounds like you want this on a Platform by Platform basis, which I don't believe exists without considerably more work. You could create a second platform with all the configurations of Genesis and name it Megadrive and move games around, delete undesired artwork, etc. but I'm willing to bet there is a more elegant solution that I'm unaware of. As always, if you don't get a good response here, I would try on the Discord channel as there are bigbrains there all the time that might be able to get you a more nuanced answer.