LaunchBox Community Forums

Going from MAME to GroovyMAME. Initialising.... Then Stop

Cramhead

Hiya

I recently acquired a 1982 Sony CRT.

In order for my PC to support the CRT I need to use CRT emulator and GroovyMAME. 

I've added and set GroovyMAME as default to my list of emulators in launchbox . When I start a game GroovyMAME won't pass the initialisation screen.

GroovyMAME runs without Launchbox. I've added the BIOS.

Same happens with retoarch.

I've hit a wall

Can I get a hand please?

Do I need to add any other details? 

Thanks

Jamie

Edited by Cramhead

2 hours ago, Cramhead said:

Hiya

I recently acquired a 1982 Sony CRT.

In order for my PC to support the CRT I need to use CRT emulator and GroovyMAME. 

I've added and set GroovyMAME as default to my list of emulators in launchbox . When I start a game GroovyMAME won't pass the initialisation screen.

GroovyMAME runs without Launchbox. I've added the BIOS.

Same happens with retoarch.

I've hit a wall

Can I get a hand please?

Do I need to add any other details? 

Thanks

Jamie

If you game were associated with a different emulator before you added GroovyMame you now need to select all the games in the platform and change the emulator to GroovyMame.

Changing the "Default" emulator will only affect new imports. Game imported before you changed the default need to be edited as I mentioned above.

Also, in manage emulators edit GroovyMame and in the Associated Platforms tab make sure the platform name is showing for your games.

Edit: I moved this thread to a more fitting subforum since this has nothing to do with plug-ins.