LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 152 works standalone but not in Launchbox

m0ut4indo

Hello!

After getting a grasp of how MAME works, I have confirmed I have the right version of MAME that matches my romset (MAME .152, romset .152, CHD .152). I have confirmed Launchbox has the right path to the roms; I noticed that the relative path is shown when I go to manage the Arcade platform. It is now showing the full path. That path check is done AFTER I do the import of the romset. Not sure if that's the issue, but it's something I've done (and maybe worth knowing when asking for help).

Launching MAME standalone allows me to execute several games without issue. However, I cannot seem to get one to run when executing it in Launchbox. Every time I double click a game, the mouse cursor gets the spinning circle and quits. I have added the 32 and 64bit to LB and the results are the same. 

I have noticed this romset has a prompt stating (paraphrasing): "Don't play this unless you own it; type OK to continue, or press left and right on your joystick"  I tried to add 

-skip_disclaimer and -skip_gameinfo

but I didn't have any luck with that, either.

What am I missing?

7 minutes ago, m0ut4indo said:

Hello!

After getting a grasp of how MAME works, I have confirmed I have the right version of MAME that matches my romset (MAME .152, romset .152, CHD .152). I have confirmed Launchbox has the right path to the roms; I noticed that the relative path is shown when I go to manage the Arcade platform. It is now showing the full path. That path check is done AFTER I do the import of the romset. Not sure if that's the issue, but it's something I've done (and maybe worth knowing when asking for help).

Launching MAME standalone allows me to execute several games without issue. However, I cannot seem to get one to run when executing it in Launchbox. Every time I double click a game, the mouse cursor gets the spinning circle and quits. I have added the 32 and 64bit to LB and the results are the same. 

I have noticed this romset has a prompt stating (paraphrasing): "Don't play this unless you own it; type OK to continue, or press left and right on your joystick"  I tried to add 

-skip_disclaimer and -skip_gameinfo

but I didn't have any luck with that, either.

What am I missing?

Remove the keyboard input commandline in the manage emulators screen, it's not compatible with MAME versions that old.