LaunchBox Community Forums

Help With Themes and Sounds

arcadeknight

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to emulation as well as to Big Box. This is all super exciting but also confusing at the same time. So I have kinda starting setting my LaunchBox up, getting some games and a couple emulators in there. I also have a free account at EmuMovies as well. I'm certainly getting the game box art, and some music for some of the games, but I'm having a difficult time with themes, specifically having them look like they do in the preview videos. For example, I installed the Unified theme from the Main Themes menu in Big Box, but when I go to the consoles page, it's just a black screen for all of the consoles and no sounds. Obviously, the video shows images of the consoles with sound effects in the background and small gameplay clips. But I don't see any of that when I use that theme. Now, I have not downloaded anything from these forums, so am I suppose to do that? I'm not quite sure if I'm needing to download other stuff beyond the theme itself and put it somewhere in the Launchbox directory. So if I do need to download extra stuff, where would I download it from and where at in my Launchbox directory would I put it?

I noticed the download tab on the forums recently and realized that there are sound packs and art packs and other themes and all kinds of stuff like that. Are those only for people who make the themes or are those supporting materials for the themes that you install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Most themes use videos on the platform lists, those are not images pulled from your collection, but fullscreen videos. You can download them in Launchbox via Tools/download platform/playlist videos. As for other files in the download section, they are all optional.