LaunchBox Community Forums

5 out of 805 games failing to import from Steam

rubin

Hi All,

New LaunchBox user here, love the app! I'm having an issue importing 5 specific games from Steam:

Godus Wars (steam://rungameid/422420)
Jagged Alliance Gold (steam://rungameid/283270)
Pirates Gold Plus (steam://rungameid/327380)
Sword of the Samurai (steam://rungameid/327950)
The Guild Gold Edition (steam://rungameid/39520)

When trying to import those (they always show up when re-importing as not imported before), you see the importer quickly skipping each game and then get an error dialog saying "Game "" has already been imported, do you want to import anyway?". Answering yes or no does not result in a game entry for these games. It seems to me the Steam API is returning something unexpected for these entries.

I'm working around it by creating shortcuts for these games and then adding the shortcuts to LaunchBox and filling in the images and metadata manually.

Anyways, hope this can be a bugreport of sorts (I think it's a bug, at least the way the importer handles it) + thanks for a great app!

Rubin

I'd have to look at your data files to get any real idea what was going on. Wanted to make sure you weren't doing more work than you had to with those games you are manually adding though. I personally would go to your Windows platform (or where ever you put your Steam games) and then add a game (can right click and hit "Add"). When adding one of these games just put that steam path in the Application path (Launching page) and the games Title in. After putting the title in search for metadata and match it if possible. Just hit OK after that. Do the same for any more games you need to add. Then sort that platform by "Date Added" pick all the games you just added and then go to Tools -> Download Metadata and Media and let that run against the 5 of them. All data should then populate for you from both Steam and LB Games DB