LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK suddenly stopped working

Pamput

Today it seems AHK stopped working on my installation of LB. I'm on latest LB version. It was working up until mid afternoon, then, without doing anything special other than switching game, AHK stopped working completely.

I can see it running in via task manager when a game is on, but it seems to not register any input (not from pad nor from keyboard).

Eventually I've resolved the issue on my installation by updating AHK that comes with LB. If you happen to have my same issue, you can update AHK by simply:

- Download the new executable from AHK's website

- Get the Unicode 32 executable ("AutoHotkeyU32.exe")

- Rename it to "AutoHotkey.exe" and replacing the old one in `\ThirdParty\AutoHotkey`

After this simple steps it seems working now. Very strange though. Anyone having the same issue?

3 hours ago, Pamput said:

Today it seems AHK stopped working on my installation of LB. I'm on latest LB version. It was working up until mid afternoon, then, without doing anything special other than switching game, AHK stopped working completely.

I can see it running in via task manager when a game is on, but it seems to not register any input (not from pad nor from keyboard).

Eventually I've resolved the issue on my installation by updating AHK that comes with LB. If you happen to have my same issue, you can update AHK by simply:

- Download the new executable from AHK's website

- Get the Unicode 32 executable ("AutoHotkeyU32.exe")

- Rename it to "AutoHotkey.exe" and replacing the old one in `\ThirdParty\AutoHotkey`

After this simple steps it seems working now. Very strange though. Anyone having the same issue?

What were you using AHK for that had it running in the background? The reason I ask is AHK is not typically running in the background when LB/BB is running a game. The only time I ever see it running is if I am using a compiled AHK as an additional application when running a game that needs it. 

It doesn't run when LB runs, I see it run when an emulator runs (not sure if as a child process, or in parallel, also I'm not sure if this happens with all emulators or only with the ones that have a script... haven't paid attention to this detail).

9 hours ago, Pamput said:

It doesn't run when LB runs, I see it run when an emulator runs (not sure if as a child process, or in parallel, also I'm not sure if this happens with all emulators or only with the ones that have a script... haven't paid attention to this detail).

Yeah, that's what I was stating. For example here with a game running in Retroarch AHK does not run. I only see it running if I have dedicated compiled AHK as an additional app to a game such as a Windows game that might need one. If you noticed it running maybe that was the issue. The AHK was running and overriding any inputs from your controller/keyboard. I have had that happen before. The AHK script did not close correctly and kept the program running.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 9.35.21 PM.png

• 2 years later...

How did you resolve the ahk not closing correctly? I’m having similar issues. It started with ahk not exiting. Then some scripts started to not close the programs when hitting esc. Some won’t launch the games. Some that use no mousy don’t make my mouse reappear on exit. Really strange, I have over 100 light gun games on scripts with multiple emulators running perfect then all of a sudden ahk isn’t working properly and all hell breaks loose haha.