LaunchBox Community Forums

Creating folders automatically that matches my rom file

Fredyyy

Hi, I have a lot of dreamcast rom that I would like to be put in their own folder that has the same names as the roms. I remember long time ago, I used a program that does this automatically for me instead of create each folder individually and rename it. Does anyone know a program that can do that? Thank you in advance!

On 7/14/2020 at 2:52 PM, dragon57 said:

This will do it as a shell extension.

https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/files-2-folder/

Thank you the program worked great! I had the program on my desktop and I just i reorganized my files and now when I rightclick file2folder. I get a message a message: this  app doesn't have an app associated with it. I tried to reinstall the program again and place it in its original place and it doesn't work. The app doesn't have a regualr uninstaller. Any help to fix the issue, either erase it entirely and re installing it or just fixing what I currently have? thank you in advance

2 hours ago, Fredyyy said:

Thank you the program worked great! I had the program on my desktop and I just i reorganized my files and now when I rightclick file2folder. I get a message a message: this  app doesn't have an app associated with it. I tried to reinstall the program again and place it in its original place and it doesn't work. The app doesn't have a regualr uninstaller. Any help to fix the issue, either erase it entirely and re installing it or just fixing what I currently have? thank you in advance

If you moved the original .exe from the zip you downloaded, that probably caused things to be out of sync when you right-click.

What happens when you run the Files2Folder.exe program from its current location? It is supposed to create a shortcut that allows you to unregister the right-click service. If it does, execute that shortcut, then run the .exe again. That should get things back in sync.

True when the app was working yesterday I saw a new icon that says unregister. However I don't see it anymore. When I re-downloaded the file and unzipped I only get 3 files, (config, changelog, exe of the app, and help), I run the exe file as an administrator, but doesn't do anything and the unregister icon doesn't show up either.  Is there a way to remove/modify something in the registry?

Readme says:    To silently uninstall use the -su switch like this:         c:\path\to\Files2Folder.exe -su

what does -su mean?

Edited by Fredyyy

4 hours ago, Fredyyy said:

True when the app was working yesterday I saw a new icon that says unregister. However I don't see it anymore. When I re-downloaded the file and unzipped I only get 3 files, (config, changelog, exe of the app, and help), I run the exe file as an administrator, but doesn't do anything and the unregister icon doesn't show up either.  Is there a way to remove/modify something in the registry?

Readme says:    To silently uninstall use the -su switch like this:         c:\path\to\Files2Folder.exe -su

what does -su mean?

The -su is for 'Unregister'. I would open a cmd window in the directory that contains files2folder.exe and try it, then run the exe by itself and see if it fixes everything.

3 hours ago, dragon57 said:

The -su is for 'Unregister'. I would open a cmd window in the directory that contains files2folder.exe and try it, then run the exe by itself and see if it fixes everything.

it worked!!!! thanks...genius!