LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Video Options Unresponsive

Cineaste

Having recently installed Viking's excellent Colorful theme I was hoping to replace game themes with video snaps in Big Box only. Options > Videos > Prioritize Game Themes is unchecked but it plays themes regardless despite there being both in the corresponding video folders. If I change video priorities in LB > Options > Media > Video Priorities and put video snaps at the top it works fine. However, this will override both LB and BB when I just want BB to show snaps. LB ideally continues to play themes.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Edited by Thornback

10 hours ago, Thornback said:

Having recently installed Viking's excellent Colorful theme I was hoping to replace game themes with video snaps in Big Box only. Options > Videos > Prioritize Game Themes is unchecked but it plays themes regardless despite there being both in the corresponding video folders. If I change video priorities in LB > Options > Media > Video Priorities and put video snaps at the top it works fine. However, this will override both LB and BB when I just want BB to show snaps. LB ideally continues to play themes.

Is there anything I'm missing?

No currently that is how it works. I am not sure if it is intended to be that way or not. This might be something the dynamic duo would need to look at to allow BB setting to override the LB Priorities.

Best avenue for now would be to open a BitBucket ticket (at the top of the forum under Help & Support use the Feature Request option) for this and then link to it in this thread. This way it can get voted on.

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

No currently that is how it works. I am not sure if it is intended to be that way or not. This might be something the dynamic duo would need to look at to allow BB setting to override the LB Priorities.

Best avenue for now would be to open a BitBucket ticket (at the top of the forum under Help & Support use the Feature Request option) for this and then link to it in this thread. This way it can get voted on.

I see, thanks. I will open a BitBucket as per your suggestion and go from there.

Whilst I have you - in Big Box you can toggle an option to prioritise game music over the video (i.e. the video is muted and audio is replaced with the game soundtrack if available). Is that also possible on Launchbox as I cannot find the option?

12 hours ago, Thornback said:

Whilst I have you - in Big Box you can toggle an option to prioritise game music over the video (i.e. the video is muted and audio is replaced with the game soundtrack if available). Is that also possible on Launchbox as I cannot find the option?

There is no option in LB for that.