LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help with additional apps, app called nomousy

Jayinem

So my goal is to have no mouse cursor during games because it's annoying especially lightgun games because my lightgun controls like a mouse but I don't want to see the mouse cursor. However once the game ends I want the mouse cursor to reappear. I am using an app called nomousy.

The script for nomousy is as follows

nomousy.exe /hide (hides the mouse cursor) the script is under nomousy.bat 

nomousy.exe (with nothing after, unhides the mouse cursor)

Should be simple enough to add those to launchbox additional apps I thought. But it's not working correctly. Pictures added below. Run nomousy.exe is just a ahk script I made and compiled it to an exe, and nomousy.exe is just the .exe needed to show the mouse cursor again. I did also try just adding the nomousy.bat but it didn't help anything. But I'm guessing they're both working right when I launch the game (instead of one during, one after) because the cursor shows up again. The second picture shows that I tried clicking the wait for exit with the first option (I don't understand why wait for exit can't be it's own seperate option though?) And the 3rd picture shows I tried the other way automatically run after main application.  Neither way works though. The cursor shows in the game. The app works as it should seperate from Launchbox, but I just can't get it to work in Launchbox when I launch my games. 

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

untitled 3.png

If someone knows just a ahk script to make this all work I could just add to Launchbox that'd be fine too. Just want it to work don't care how. 

Edited by Jayinem

I just tried deleting the 2nd app all together the one that is supposed to bring the mouse cursor back, and the first script works as it should in game the mouse cursor disappears. So the problem is defintely that the 2nd app that's supposed to bring the cursor back AFTER I close the game, is doing it immediately after the first script instead during the game so the cursor immediately reappears.  None of the checkboxes seem to fix the problem so I guess I would need a script to make this all work together? 

I'm not sure why wait to exit checkbox isn't working but I wonder if it's because it has to be combined with "Automatically run before main application" instead of wait for exit just being seperate.  If none of the checkboxes are checked wait for exit is grayed out. 

Edited by Jayinem

This is weird, I just tried that like you posted with no checkboxes on the 2nd app, but after playing the game for about 2 minutes the cursor reappeared.   If I check any of the checkboxes on the end nomousy the cursor never disappears. So it's still not working correctly.

I'll read through that link and see if there's just a script to make it all work because it doesn't seem to work right in Launchbox. 

Edit: I read through that entire thread, but I don't think anyone was trying to automatically run the end script when an application closes. So I'm still left needing a script. 

Edited by Jayinem

Best I could figure out (even though it seems more complicated, only thing I could get to work) is make a script where a keyboard entry will run nomousy.exe that I have to enter after the game ends.

HotKey, ^7, LaunchUpdate
return

LaunchUpdate:
    Run, "C:\Users\Jayinem\Documents\nomousy\nomousy.exe"
        ;...any code you need...
        return

It works by pressing Ctrl + 7 to bring the mouse back. If anyone knows a script I could make to do it automatically I would appreciate it.