LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame through Retroarch

ValhallaRetro

so I can play Arcade games through retroarch directly using the Mame (current) core, but when I add arcade games in Launchbox and select retroarch as the emulator there is no option to use the mame core.

Is there something blocking certain cores inside of retroarch from be used in Launchbox? 

7 minutes ago, ValhallaRetro said:

that is where I am stuck I do not see Arcade  listed in associated platforms , but I do have the Mame core in retroarch

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

You can add any platforms you like to that list, just scroll to the empty cell at the bottom and double click in it. Remember to name it exactly as you named the platform and then select a core from the core dropdown which is next to every platform, thats a double click also and will list all the Retroarch cores you have downloaded.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ValhallaRetro said:

@neil9000 amazing thanks so much worked like a charm, last question if some of my arcade roms need FInalBurnAlpha I see I can right click and pick between the two cores , is my only option to make a core a default by putting the FBA roms in their own platform ? 

You can change the default core used by editing the game, but you would need to do it one by one. Just right click a game and choose edit, then click the emulation tab. There is a checkbox here to "use a custom command line" check that then add the syntax to load a specific core in the box. So for example, 

-L "cores\core_name.dll"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2020 at 5:11 PM, neil9000 said:

You can change the default core used by editing the game, but you would need to do it one by one. Just right click a game and choose edit, then click the emulation tab. There is a checkbox here to "use a custom command line" check that then add the syntax to load a specific core in the box. So for example, 

-L "cores\core_name.dll"

Thanks for this!

-L "cores\core_name.dll"